ROSIE BRACHER SOLICITORS
Award Winning Niche Family Law firms seeks a Matrimonial/Divorce Solicitor.
The firm is now seeking to recruit an ambitious, dedicated and hard-working fee earner who is seeking to progress their careers in a flexible and supportive working environment.
The focus of the role will be on matrimonial and financial remedy issues on divorce. The successful applicant will be joining a small, happy award-winning team of 3 (Matrimonial Finance Team at Rosie Bracher Solicitors: Team of the Year, Devon and Somerset Law Society Awards 2018). The department only undertakes privately funded work and the successful applicant will be exposed to work at the highest level, including regular 7-figure work and London-based work. The department is busy and growing. The department is led by a solicitor who received the highly commended leader of the year award 2018 at the Devon and Somerset law Society Awards 2018 and seconded by a solicitor short listed as Rising Star of the Year at the upcoming Devon and Somerset Law Society Awards 2020.
We will show considerable flexibility in order to find the right candidate. Whilst the job would suit an experienced Solicitor or equivalent who can hit the ground running, applications will be considered from ambitious and dynamic newly qualified solicitors or equivalent or from paralegals with a view to a training contract. The firm has a strong training ethos. One of the current solicitors in the department trained with the firm having started with us as a paralegal.
Experience of privately funded matrimonial work is helpful but not essential. Experience of other areas of family law is helpful but not essential.
The role is full time, but consideration could be given to flexible/part time working for the right candidate and we would not discourage applicants that are not seeking a full time role.
The successful applicant is likely to have :
- The highest commitment to client service
- Proven experience or ambition for the law and for litigation in general and for this area of work in particular.
- Excellent interpersonal and client care skills in person, by telephone and in writing.
- A commercial mindset
- A developed strong personal brand and reputation or the desire to work to build one
- Reasonable office-based IT skills (e.g. touch typing, use of Microsoft office programs). Experience of legal case management or accounting systems of benefit but not essential.
- A very competitive salary and bonus scheme for the right candidate
- Exposure to high quality work
- The opportunity to work as part of a happy, dynamic, award winning team
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Flexible working negotiable and depending on experience
- Excellent support and training
Salary: Commensurate with experience, but very competitive.
Job type: Full-time
Essential requirements: Successful completion of a law degree or other undergraduate degree followed by successful completion of the GDL. Completion of the LPC an advantage but not a requirement. In the case of prospective trainees, the firm will not fund the LPC, but can offer a part time training contract alongside the part time LPC with additional paid leave for attending the course, exams and for study leave. Prospective trainees will be expected to prove themselves over a period working as a paralegal prior to the offer of a training contract.
Due to the nature of a work the successful candidate will need to pass an enhanced DBS check.
Please send your CV and letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org